[Spridgets] What size engine is in a 74 Midget?

charles christ cfchrist at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 1 08:05:32 MDT 2009

with a car fire you can count on a bunch of wierd variables as to how good or bad the parts will be. where fire originated?   how long did it burn?  and the all importaint , what was used to extinguish the fire?   certain fire supressant chemicals left uncleaned up are rather corrosive.  so if it had the original valve cover with the plastic oil fill cap burned or melted , how much of what extinguishing material got into the motor or into the indutction system?  it could be a gold mine or the buyer could be getting the shaft?   you just do not know untill you see it or if lucky hear it run. if it was an under dash / interior fire...WOO-HOO!  yer a winner!

chuck.