[Spridgets] coil question

Edward Perez eap2140 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 12:10:31 MDT 2009

Been having some ignition/fuel problems with my Midget.  The coil is suspect.  I have a '78 Midget with a 1275 transplant.  Currently, it has a coil with an external ballast resistor.  If I am going to replace this coil, what would be the best way to go?  I have a new Lucas electronic distributor, so do I need this ballast resistor?  Is the MSD Blaster a good option?  Something with a little performance would be nice.  I have it bored .030 over with a mild cam, Weber DGV down-draft 32/36, ported/polished head.