[Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 06:49:13 MDT 2009

--- On Sun, 10/4/09, Larry Daniels <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> You shouldn't have to worry about the
> rear coming around under breaking if
> the rear brakes aren't working.

Don not take this as an endorsement to disable your rear brakes - I think that is moro...a bad idea. But, yeah to Larry - that's why they are biased forward. When you brake, the nose dives, the rear lifts, the weight is transferred to the front wheels, and way less braking force is now required at the rear. At Road America for instance, Turn 5 and Canada corner are top speed acute angle turns, and you can pretty much watch the rear tire opposite the driver's side smoke on entry at least once a race for most production cars as the weight shifts to driver's side front wheel. Don't tell anyone, but one of the secrets of White Trash's seemingly unlikely capabilities is that with me in it and 5 gallons of fuel, the corner weights are almost perfect. It came that way by coincidence. I also use the original single acting rear cylinder with front discs. All the guys slower than me tell me it's a bad idea. I do intend to change it someday, though.

Ron