[Spridgets] Top Gear in America's redneck country

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:15:52 MDT 2009

Alas, you guys are the elite in our society. The rest of us ignorant boobs
just can't measure up to your culture and intellect...    <sigh!>

But I would be very cautious...  There are a lot more of us ignorant boobs
and we have guns and know how to use them....     ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Glen Byrns <grbyrns at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> I love Top Gear.  I take it as entertainment, not news or fact.  Clarkson
> drops metaphors and similies that make me laugh.
> "Shifting this car is a bit like stirring coal.",  "...but for the
> cheese-eating surrender-monkeys..."
> Jet powered Mini off a ski jump?  Toyota Hilux attempted destruction......
> Turbo Bugeye whupping a ricer...Trabants eaten by rats.
> The host's mothers testing compact cars...??
> And don't forget that every now and then they drop something very heavy on
> an Austin Marina just for a giggle.
>
> I find little on American TV that can compete.
>
> As for the Top Gear in the American south, what was embarrassing was how
> easy it was to find stereotypical ignorant rednecks to play their part.
> Anyone want to claim that was a setup?  Drive the same cars through my
> neighborhood and you'd get finger pointing and laughter, and most people
> would figure out the joke, not drop their beer and reach for their gun and
> truck keys.
>
> Glen Byrns

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein