[Spridgets] Wide band O2 sensor

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:00:12 MDT 2009

Hey, any Spridigeteers out there ever use a wide band O2 sensor with a
Maniflow mid bore LCB header?  Where would one put the thing?  The logical
place (it seems to me) is after the three pipes join; however, this is
pretty far down and it will be difficult to get the sensor in the
reccommended "10--2" position.  The other thing I am concerned about is that
the sensor would be rather exposed down under the floorboards and would need
some form of physical protection.
Also the header seems to hang well below the bottom of the car, thus
reducing ground clearance but leaving more room between the exhaust pipe and
the floor pan.  I guess my feet won't be so hot.  Anybody experienced that
with LCB headers in a bugeye? The space, not the hot feet!
Hal