[Spridgets] Hang up and drive, Pt 4

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:31:57 MDT 2009

If you didn't see it, I think most people need to see the forward that Ed
sent out late last week of the accident where a young kid crossed the
centerline while texting and hit a semi-tractor head on.  It was pretty
gruesome.  The whole front of the car was gone.  They had to put the kid
into two body bags, which the photos showed.  Quite an impression.

I think texting is the worst offense, but none of us are totally blameless
getting sometimes distracted while driving.  I rarely use the phone in the
car, but I sometimes eat while driving.  If it is not that, then it can
happen adjusting the radio or heater or something else that takes our eyes
off the road.  It only takes a couple seconds to get into trouble.

There has been talk of banning some of these distractions while driving, but
compliance is another thing.  How many people still get killed by not
wearing seat belts and how long have those laws been on the books?

Neil Anderson