[Spridgets] Tow vehicle shopping a bit

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 22:12:12 MDT 2009

Thanks for the many replies. Although I did not ask for recommendations, I got tens of them. Per the responses, it seems the best vehicles for this purpose are made by Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Hummer and Volvo truck. I didn;t make it clear that my truck hauls 5000+ pounds of 18 ft enclosed trailer with extended height, so the Chrysler minivan suggestions were dismissed.

The rental car people were really nice and triple upgraded me to a 4x4 Chevy Silverado with quad cab, and I must say the thing is exceedingly comfortable and appropriately mannered. I never thought of myself as a Chevy dude, but just maybe with a 2500 diesel. The '02 F-150 is repairable, so if anyone wants a sweeeeeet deal on a recently whacked car that drives and will look perfect, holler ;-).

Ron