[Spridgets] Speaking of wheel cylinders...

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Oct 24 09:36:46 MDT 2009

Dean Hedin wrote:
> Anybody out there who has converted a Bugeye to the later rear brakes
> with dual acting cylinders?
>
> I ran into a minor issue when I did this.
> Basically when I was done swaping everythng over, the drums were
> locked up.  This was caused by the drums contacting
> the backing plates.
Due to a slightly different axle banjo, the back plates will rub the drums.
I just grind off about a sixteenth off the back lip of the drums and
they are fine.
I have converted 6 or so to the later back plates. Ladybug still has a
slight rubbing noise on a hard right curve but like my Bugeye, it will
rub itself away in a few hundred miles.
I am just too lazy to remove and grind down the drum.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ