[Spridgets] 45DM4 Re: still no workie...

Edward Perez eap2140 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 10:13:15 MST 2009

I'm at the point with this car that I really need some expert help.  Rich and I worked on it last night.  We swapped out the distributor with a new Mallory dual point distributor and the car wouldn't even start.  We confirmed TDC and the new coil is good.  Getting spark all the way to the cap, but not to the cylinders.  Put in the points distributor from BillM and had the same results.  I'm getting pretty frustrated with this problem.  It's been going on for months now.  I had a lot of people give their time in putting this engine together (NOSHIT II) only to have it plagued by this problem.  I still have not even driven it to break in the motor.  I'm open to any assistance on this.  I really want to get this car running.  If you are in the Seattle area, please let me know if you have time to stop on by and throw in your two cents.  I'm at my wit's end with it.

things done so far:

Confirmed fuel pressure
Installed fuel regulator (Weber carb) and dialed to 3lbs (Holley regulator, not the junk one, BillL)
Replace fuel line
New distributors (points gapped to .015 and electronic), cap, rotor, wires, plugs (gapped to .029)
New fuel filter
Timing was set (but it is questionable given the suspected distributor issue)
Weber Carb rebuilt a couple of times (all jetting is per the manual)
Float level verified per the manual

Thanks guys.....Ed