[Spridgets] Aviation piston engine question - No LBC

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Sat Sep 5 14:57:39 MDT 2009

"some later P-40's had Merlins"

Hi, Ed....yes, yes....

something I was unaware of until I saw the latest P-4o "Great Airplanes" doc on the Military Channel a week or so ago.

I'd like to see the specs on that one cnsidering the Allison powered P-40's and P-51's limited both aircraft to low/med altitude performers and we know the huge
improvement the Merlin made in the case of the P-51. I assume pretty much the same for the P-40.

I will google the P-40 Warhawk and see what comes up.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)