[Spridgets] fire extinguisher?

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 15 20:56:13 MDT 2009

The best way to go for the inertia switch is to just get a Ford unit from
the scrap yard as indicated by Dawson & Son in their "Sprite Safety PDF".

The oil pressure switch idea is intriguing. More convienent would be a sense/relay circuit that
triggers off of the low side of the ignition coil.

What I would really like is an electric fuel pump that is quiet.   It believe Carter makes a
rotary vane pump, but it seems sort of an overkill for a Spridget. I'm not even sure if they are
less noisy than the pulse units.

I remember a long time ago I saw in one of the surplus catalogs a nice little OEM rotary fuel
pump that would have been ideal for the Sprite.  I kick myself for not buying one or two when I had the
chance.

Still worried as to how many folks are running the original fuel line between there SU's
It's like a couple hundred powder kegs just waiting to go off...