[Spridgets] No LBC - tire recommendation (was Re: No More Snow Chains

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:57:02 MDT 2009

> Agreed... I had 4 of them on a BMW 325, and it would go anywhere my
> Landcruiser would, until I'd high center it in extremely deep snow.

OTOH, I vividly recall the beauty of seeing a WRX STi with the hockey
pucks on all four corners assin around in a parking lot of snow. Right
up until he managed to high-center it on a snowbank in such a way that
not one of the wheels could get a grip on anything. The look on his
face was priceless, cuz he KNEW that he had the best snow tires money
could buy on an AWD vehicle with fancy LSD, etc and this simply could
NOT happen ;-)
David L