[Spridgets] Clear lacquer finish

andrewpayne at intrex.net andrewpayne at intrex.net
Sun Sep 20 20:46:50 MDT 2009

So I was stripping a fender down with the angle grinder and thought, "how would it look to skip the bondo, skip the paint and primer and just seal the bare metal with rustoleum clear lacquer?" Later, I might ruminate on sentence structure and the modern run on.
I know that lotus sold many sevens like this, but I'm not aware of any steel cars.  Obviously, it's a matter of taste, much like a flat black rat rod. But I also wonder if it might have a cool look. Scars and all.  I have to decide if I like the welded in panels as they happen.  Has anyone seen cars like this? What clear finish would work? And could I still paint over it later if I changed my mind, or would I have to restrip the car?
Drew
Always some crazy scheme.