[Spridgets] Weber Help

JLC breton48 at live.com
Wed Sep 23 10:10:45 MDT 2009

 WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com  wrote:

Unless you need an excuse for some serious tuning?

In a message dated 23/09/2009 14:08:11 GMT Daylight Time, breton48 at live.com
writes:

and twin 45 carbs would be too much for the
engine.

No, I don't think I am going to do any more tuning to that engine!  This
Twin Cam was rebuilt by Jay Ivey of Portland, Oregon. It's a "rally specs"
engine,  dynoed  on a bench (152 hp at 7200) by the builder, then retuned
later on in San Diego (115 hp  at 6400 rpm  at the rear wheels) for  better
fuel mileage to improve the car's  range (the Seven has an 8 gallon fuel
tank). Up here in the Black Forest, I had the carbs tuned for altitude
(smaller venturis and main jets), and I am sure I lost quite a bit of power
as compared to sea level, but there is still plenty enough left to keep up
with the traffic!

JLC