[Spridgets] Tool boxes

WFO Herb froggi60 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 14:11:27 MDT 2009

Lots of good advice, even a few 'names' mentioned.
Like most, I have a number of boxes; stationary and roller.  Snap-on to
Craftsman, a "Union Super Steel" machinist box holds all my precision
instruments.  Bought that sucker in '65.

I'll say this, quality varies and you can't over emphasize the importance
for QUALITY.

Depth of drawers, ball bearings, gauge of metal and...how deep the draws
are; front to back.

Of late, I've been considering purchasing a new stack unit.  Don't know if
they're in your area, but, "Big R" has good quality and (IMHO) the prices
are good.

Can't go wrong picking up a good quality 'used' box from a garage sale or
thru the news paper.  Also, the tool guys that come around to shops often
have 'repos' they sell...again.  Or that were traded in on a better/larger
box.

One final comment, if you are like me, you can't have too many tool
boxes...always buying new tools.

Herb
PS  I can't believe YOU don't have a tool box, Peter.  How can that be???

--
Here is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:  If you
forward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which