[Spridgets] Car Dealer question, absolutely NO LBC

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Thu Sep 24 19:29:12 MDT 2009

Hello,

     My dad's rules were that we could have a car when we could afford
     to buy one. That is until my brother bought one for $20! This was
     in the mid 1960's. Dad had a fit, but he had stated the rule for
     so long, he had to live by it. Of course we were expected to pay
     for our own gas, oil, etc. .. I didn't get a car until after my
     second year of college. ..

     I had the same rules for my kids. There was no way that I was
     going to buy them a car. Nor was I going to pay for their gas,
     oil, etc, tho I have split the cost of MAJOR repairs, like
     brakes, blown engine, etc.

     Sarah has an '88 MR2. The insurance is no more for her sports car
     than it would have been for later model 4 door. At first she
     hated it because it would only seat two. I find this a safety
     factor. She also hated the stick shift. Until she learned how to
     drive one that is.

     Andrew picked up an '85 CRX HF. Again only two seats, but that
     sucker actually gets 44+ mpg on the freeway! ..

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  The Light at the End of the Tunnel Could be a flame thrower.