[Spridgets] Was: California Ammunition Restrictions Limited Spridget Content

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Sun Sep 27 16:07:50 MDT 2009

Cap'n. Bob  said, "Well....maybe both effed up but IMHO, the MAJOR
efferupper was government, party notwithstanding."

Amen to that!

Are there ANY honest politicians left in D.C.?  Or, our state capitals?  Or,
locally?  As I tell people here in Florida, "In NY, NJ & CT we indict
politicians & put them in jail.  Here in FL we elect them to state office."
And, because of that driving a Spridget is unsafe at any speed on our roads.
(Spridget content)

I used to drive my MGB 7,000 - 8,000 miles a year when I lived in CT.  Drove
it all over the Northeast.  Down here I did 300 miles in 2 years.  It just
isn't safe.  But, do our politicians care?  They pay lip service to safety.
But, they refuse to look at root causes of unsafe conditions &
driving--except to make money.  One city (Port Richey or New Port Richey)
just said they are installing red light cameras to make up for the revenue
shortfall from real estate taxes.  If they were concerned about safety, they
would find out why so many people run red lights & correct the cause.  But,
no revenue in that.

Back to Bob's post.  I digress.

Bob, you may remember when airlines were deregulated.  My buddy, Chuck was
flying for Eastern at the time.  He was warning of how that would be the
death knell of fair trade practices. (Not fair-trade practices)  And, I was
more of a "Free Market" guy.  We argued back & forth at length.  Where is
Eastern now?  What has happened to the airline business & others?  Less &
less competition.  Don't like the new surcharge for flying on certain days
before & after holidays?  Tough!  Walk or drive instead.

Someone mentioned "income redistribution."  Isn't that what we have had for
the past 20 years or so?  Redistribution from the lower & (especially)
middle-class to the top 1%.  Robin Hood in reverse.  That's how I can afford
a Ferrari & an Aston Martin. (I wish.)  Well, how about an Alfa Romeo & a
Turner.  Not quite the same are they?  But, if you look at the likes of the
CEOs of the health insurance companies, if they drive an Alfa, it's a new 8C
Competitione.  Not an old one like mine.

And, (more Spridget content) be aware these same derelict politicians are
getting ready to hand over more of our hard-earned money to big business.
They are talking about increasing the ethanol content of gasoline to 20%.
Good ol' ADM.  Pols bought & paid for.  So those of us with Spridgets or,
like me, Spridget-powered cars will not only have to pay more taxes to
subsidize corn farmers & ADM, but we'll also have to spend more on our LBCs
to keep them running on that crap.

Call or write to legislators.  Tell them we're concerned about the health
care bill for our LBCs.  NO MORE ETHANOL!

Norm
'59 Turner 948-powered