[Spridgets] Spridgetech Bonnet

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Apr 6 15:53:19 MDT 2010

I finally got around to trying to fit my Spridgetech fiberglass BE bonnet.  It is distressing that the hinge bolt holes are 1/16" off from my hinges.  They are 2 3/4"x2 3/4" OC whereas the hinges are 2.3/4"x2 11/16", visibly different because they are not square.  This is an easy fix, and most will hinge these fiberglass bonnets from the front, anyway.  Nevertheless, it is distressing that Spridetech made such a simple measurement error, which should have been caught and corrected early on.

There is also a bad secondary bond that broke loose in transit.  Secondary bonds must be made within hours on very fresh resin or with epoxy or special adhesives on well scuffed surfaces.  This is another simple error that a conscientious builder should not be making.

I am disappointed in Spridetech.

Michael Rowe