[Spridgets] Heater Box Clips

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 11:58:13 MDT 2010

If your overheating in a Spridget turning on the heater will make you
hotter.  But if your Spridget's engine is overheating then turning the  heater
on may not save the day but then again it might.  In my Ford Mk3  Cortina
ownership I could see 5 degrees difference in whatever the temp  gauge was
calibrated in (C or F) sitting in traffic on a hot day and putting the  heater
on max.  Of course the Ford heater blower motor was more  powerful than that
of a Spridget.

No-one is saying a heater is a solution to an engine overheating  problem.
Rather that you seemed uncertain whether or not it would make a
difference.  I'm pretty clear that it must make a difference.  Whether  or not that
difference is big enough to prevent engine overheating (boiling  over, loss of
coolant, vicious cycle etc) depends on how much of difference is  required.

My own Sprite has other modifications to ensure it doesn't overheat and
doesn't have a heater at all.

Weslake-Monza 1330