[Spridgets] Renaults...

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 22:10:03 MDT 2010

That is funny.
My older brother and I once drove a Renault R17 Gordini across the country.
It was a most amusing trip.  The car was a piece of crap.
But it was a fun trip.

A few notable memories..
Walking off the turnpike into Amish farmland to get gas (broken gas guage).
The little gears broke in the accordion sun roof, struggled with the roof the whole trip.
Leaky rear bleed screws discovered in Chicago
Loose wires on the ignition coil discovered in the middle of the Arizona desert.
K-jetronic lost it in the Rockies...power just dropped off,  trucks were passing us,
but we made it.

And then on the downside of the Rockies I ended up racing two chicks in a hot pickup
up to around 120 mph.  The whole time my brother is sound asleep in the passanger seat.

And you don't see many surviving R17's R5's or Fuegos on the road.
They all rusted away...Thankfully.