[Spridgets] Fun with RHD - Pt.I

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 06:18:12 MDT 2010

Don't remember if I've told this one here before:

I have a good friend we'll call Bob, because that's not his real name.
Bob's
an ordinary guy who has one extraordinary talent. He's actually
been able to
make money by diligently tracking down rare sports cars,
particularly Austin
Healeys, and selling them at a profit. As a result,
he's had some pretty
interesting cars in his garage over the years. One
of the most spectacular
was a Ford GT40 that he imported from England.
We're not talking about the
foo foo Ford GT here, but a real
honest-to-God GT40 race car that was built
as a continuation car by Safir Engineering and featured a 351 Cleveland
topped by a bunch of Webers about 10 inches behind your head. White,
with
blue over-the-roof stripes.

Bob decides he's going to drive it to the Lime Rock vintage races. Now
this might not be a problem, but did you forget I said "racecar"? Car
would
run only on race gas and registering the car for the street was
impossible
because it violated every reg the EPA, DOT and the DMV could
think of and
some that they didn't even have a chance to come up with
yet. Not to be
deterred, Bob slapped a dealer's plate on it, but since
the car was
fiberglass without anyplace to put a magnet on it and no
license plate
holder, the only place to put the plate was in the rear
window. You can
imagine how small the window is on a 40" tall car, so
basically from the rear
it looked like no plate at all on the car.

(to be cont ....)

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo