[Spridgets] Steering rack, rebuild?

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 18:06:36 MDT 2010

All I did on mine was remove the old boots, paint everything, slathered the internals
with "Super Lube" grease and then re-assembled with new boots.
As other pointed out keep track of the shims and count the threads on the ends.

Also I noticed that there is a little felt washer where the steering colum connects to
the splines on the rack.  I did not see it in the manual but I made a replacement anyway.