[Spridgets] DCOE 40 or DCOE 45?

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 11:35:59 MDT 2010

Group,

Here is my story and i am sticking to it.

I am not claiming to be an expert mind you.
I did take a 8 hours crash course on the Weber.
The Weber can be set to any variable you want.
Meaning you can set them up for mileage if that is what you want.
Most people do it for performance. This is where the mileage goes down.
You can change the configuration to as high as 52mm depending on your skills.
One of the people in the course was building two of them to run on the
street.
He had a hopped up VW with custom motor putting out way to much HP.
The other factor is most people tend to drive the car harder after installing
a Weber.
Stop light racing  and curvy road racing - looking for the acceleration &
a rush.
The instructor was a child hood friend so i got a Free 8 hours class. How do
pass on that?
I had a Weber 40 DCOE & manifold i got from a friend on the board a few years
ago.
So i figured why not give it a try - i still have the SU's to go back to if i
do not like it.
The great thing is my friend offered to help me set it up if i run into any
problems.
I talked to Bill at Min Comp - He told me he did not think Webers were good
for the street.
He has very few customers that are happy after installing them on there cars.
He also considered them a race only option. Him being n expert agrees with you
Derf.
I will let you all know how things work out - it may be summer before i swap.

I just got some Stainless Steel for my car - Now i am in the process of
policing it.
I thought i would never find the parts - Some one had them is a pile in the
snow.
So i will post on that subject on a different email - I have all my window
frames to do - When i do the swap i am hoping to paint the car.
Then my quest will be finding some real paint - not the water colors sold in
California.

Thank You all for the responses on the part i needed.
It was great help.
I have one one the way.

Vigil
So Cal