[Spridgets] 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 15:56:19 MDT 2010

Every Tuesday night I go to a local pub where a bluegrass jam
occurs. Anyone that shows up with an instrument is welcome to join in, but
there's a regular crew of about ten musicians who show up every week. On any
given Tuesday there will be 4 or 5 guitars, two or three mandolins, two or
three
banjos, a couple of fiddles, and one each of stand-up bass and dobro.
This is my
absolute favorite song in the repertoire. I was not familiar with
it till
starting to attend Tuesday nights about a year and a half ago. My
second
favorite they play is John Prine's "Paradise", the song about Mr.
Peabody's Coal
Train, then maybe Steve Goodman's "City of New Orleans" (which
for many years I
thought was written by Arlo Guthrie).

Anyway - Thanks for
the lyrics, Jay. I've been wanting to see them for a while
now.

BTW - if
anybody is ever on Long Island on a Tuesday night, get in touch. I'll
buy you
a round and introduce you to everybody.

David Booker
Long Island