[Spridgets] head question

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 09:49:26 MDT 2010

Group,

What is the advantage of a crossflow head over a stock type flowed head?

I see the head in the link uses to dual Weber carbs. -
Other then that what is the difference.
APT has a flowed head for $1554. Not crossflowed.
For the cross flow configuration with no carbs $1200.
$2000 with the dual Weber 40 carbs.
With the dual Weber carbs the engine must eat a lot more gas.
I found this out buy running a single Weber 40 compared to dual SU carbs.
I think the crossflow & dual carbs may be to much for a stock 1275cc motor.
What do you experts say?

Vigil