[Spridgets] need brake caliper pistons

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 26 01:40:32 MDT 2010

Steve,
There are no retail, over the counter part suppliers I am aware of in the UK
who will provide the pistons you want unless they are wrapped in the rest of
the caliper.

A Google of brake caliper systems got me to
http://www.automotive-online.com/braking-system/brake-calipers.html  where
the lists include USA, CAN AUS and UK manufacturers to the trade.  You may
find one that will sell direct to you.  Also add stainless steel to a second
Google search.

I could be tempted to go to local engineers shop with the old pistons as a
sample and get a price from them.  You want a non-rusting and low(ish)
expansion co-efficient material.  I'd be tempted by one of the stainless
steel materials so there is no finish coating to apply afterwards and the
engineers shop can polish the working surface in the lathe.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Guy R Day