[Spridgets] Thanks and the next question.....

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Mon Aug 30 09:15:18 MDT 2010

Thanks to everyone who replied about the bonnet seal. I clamped the center of
the seal with a Kant twist and a 1/4" diameter rod, pulled hard with the
eldest daughter seating the seal and it worked great! Now I don't get any
bonnet bounce on my dirt road, it's almost like a real car (OK, it just
doesn't sound like its falling apart on the dirt now).
I took it out for a drive, and just as I opened my mouth about how EVERYTHING
was working great (I know, I know, never tempt fate- that's why we refer to
the 'W' rather than the wind in winter here), the tach went to zero. When I
got back and took a look at it, the new tach cable had twisted off at the
(tach) gearbox.
I had another cable, so I replaced the cable and didn't even get the engine
started before it twisted off as well. So do I have it routed correctly? the
gearbox is out board of the generator (towards the fender), the cable runs
through its grommet by the start contactor, between the heater box and the
battery, up and through the center-most hole in the firewall to the tach.
Obviously there is too much friction in the housing, I even ran graphite into
the cable itself (just like ED says to..) I just want to make sure that I
don't twist my last remaining cable off before finding out that I have it
routed wrong.

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779
HAN5L8016