[Spridgets] Title VIN Mess

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Mon Aug 30 12:53:02 MDT 2010

Bud,

There is not direct correlation between chassis number and either
right or left door pillar number. The only documentation you can get
that will tell you what the correct numbers should be is a BMIHT
certificate. That is your only "evidence" you can take to the bank, so
to speak. You don't say if this is for DMV or other purposes or what #
has been used for your title, but in my personal experience, DMV in
California does accept that as valid documentation. They can take up
to 30 days to get, but you will get an official build record of the
car, including all recorded numbers, original colors and equipment and
build dates

You can apply for one here:

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/exhibitions/archive-services/

Last, but not least, I'm sorry to hear of your personal dilemma. BTDT.

Gerard