[Spridgets] Honda 450 Rebel For 1 Dollar

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:21:42 MST 2010

Listers,

I have a Honda Rebel 450. .  I am not sure if it is a 86 or 87 model and I
believe that this would be a bill of sale . . not sure I can find a pink for
it but I will search some more.

I am selling it for 1 dollar to anyone who can come by and pick it up.  (I
think it is an 87 . . the last of the two years for the 450).

*It is sitting in my garage and I need to get it out so that I can clean the
garage and do an engine pull on my car.  *

The bike was in an accident and as such someone did a solid weld on the top
part of the frame, under the gas tank.  I have no problem with the weld. .
the frame is solid.  The weld looks like a patch on top of the frame.  If I
can find the pink I do recall that it is not a salvage title.

I thought I would check with the list before putting it on Craig's List just
in case someone lives close enough to Vacaville (about 40 miles West of
Sacramento) to pick it up with a truck.

The Rebel 450 was only made in 86 -87 with the rest of the Rebels being the
250cc version.

The back tyre appears to be wider than the stock rear Harley tyres and there
is decent tread on the tyres.  They hold air . . but do to age they should
be replaced.  But that would be up to you.  Me.  . crazy as I am I would
ride it around for a while on the city streets with the tyres as they are.

The engine is in good shape.  . the carbs need to be cleaned as the left
carb is causing the engine to stumble.  I know for certain that the issue is
with the carb as compression is good both cylinders and when the carb is not
acting up the bike runs like it should.

All the fluids are new as of a year ago when I was working on it which is
also why the battery was bought around a year ago.  The battery should be
good with a re-charge?

The stock handle bars are bent on one side and it currently has a
replacement handle bar on it. .  but of a different shape. I have the stock
bar which could be bent back with some heat in a vice.

The tank and fenders have been blasted and are now in primer . . I also have
the seat.  The tank which is in Feather Fill needs to be sanded.

The turn indicators are broken at the joint.  . but easy to fix.  eBay is
full of parts for these bikes and it takes some of the 250cc parts, such as
the turn signals, etc.

*It also has a nice set of quality after market pipes, two on one side, that
sound fantastic and are in good shape, no dents, the chrome shines, etc. The
aftermarket pipes typically sell for around $150.0
*
This was a project bike that I am never going to get around finishing.  .
too many other things going on.  Plus, being on disability for two back
surgeries with yet another back surgery on the horizon I cannot ride any
longer.

1 dollar to anyone who wants to pick it up and get it out of my garage.
This bike might make a good first time bike for someone learning to ride and
as a 450 it will also have the power necessary for freeway jaunts. (Is a 450
to big to learn on?  I don't know as I am so accustomed to riding bikes with
much bigger engines . . but I would guess it would be a good first time bike
for someone)?

Anyhow. .

Contact me at khargreaves2 at gmail.com

I need to get it out of my garage as soon as possible.  I might get some
pics together later on.  Currently the bike is sitting under a bunch of
stuff in my garage with the seats off and the fenders off while the tank is
hanging in my spray booth.

Kirk
59 1275