[Spridgets] Sta-Bil solution

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:41:23 MST 2010

> What about this as an idea.  If you want to use Sta-Bil, dump in tank then
> kill fuel pump, run engine until out of gas.
>
> No Sta-Bil in carbys or lines and still good gas in tank.

But what do you do with that tankful of contaminated gas in the
Spring? A friend of mine put the stuff into his Bugeye and had the
rubber carb grommets disintegrate and clog the carbs on the way to
storage (about 10 miles). Personally, I have never had a problem with
letting my mower, roto-tiller or Spridget sit over the winter with
plain gasoline (or as close as you can buy these days). Runs just fine
in the Spring.
David L