[Spridgets] wire wheels

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 14:20:59 MST 2010

On 12/30/2010 12:51 PM, Jay wrote:
> "Who prefers chrome over painted?"
>
> Uh, Big Healey owners and guys with gold chains who drive Firebirds?

Hey, I WAS a big Healey owner and I am of the ethnic background that
prefers gold chains and Firebirds, but I guess my german mother has more
influence than my Italian father when it comes to this subject.
I prefer painted. I just painted the wires on the budget Midget.
Besides I have a non Italian buddy with a couple of MGs, he has chrome
wire wheels and says
" by the time I get done polishing the  last wheel, it's time to start
on the first one.
They only look good if you never drive the car"
And I have called him to see if he was ready for the drive and his
response was "As soon as I finish cleaning the wheels!"
So last winter he bought a set of Carrol Shelby Saab wheels which just
happened to fit his MGA. We powder coated them silver, now he can go
with us on Sunday drives to breakfast with out worrying about his wheels.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ