[Spridgets] Mark one

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 6 03:54:53 MST 2010

As others have said, there is no Mk1 or MkI.  There is a similar thing with
Land Rovers.
The models started being numbered when the next one came out, the MkII or
Series II but, because we now look back with hindsight at the various models
and marques we call the first eruption a Mk I to differentiate it from later
types.  The factory wouldn't have called a Mk 1 a Mk I when it was built.
You can argue from a Mk II situation as a Mk11 would be a Mk eleven and not
a two.
Looking at a later edition of a Factory workshop manual it is listed it as a
'Sprite Mk. I' (with a full stop and a Roman numeral).   That may be the
closest you can get to 'official' comment.
You could try emailing the Heritage people and try to start debate there !!

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/shop/books-cds-dvds/technical-publications-on-cd-rom/bmcbritish-leyland-bm/index.html

http://tinyurl.com/yjaymvl

This debate is best settled round a pub table with a nice alcoholic drink
inside and another in hand ..... <big smile>

Guy R Day