[Spridgets] Webers/SK for sale

Phil Jones philip.s.jones at comcast.net
Sat Feb 6 20:42:48 MST 2010

Hi friendly listers!  I have accumulated some carbs that Ive realized Im
not going to use.  I would like to offer them to the list first, before
putting them on Craigslist or Ebay.

Heres what I have:

2 Weber DCOE 40s on a Cannon 608 (or 809?) manifold.  Bought these used off
Ebay; they were advertised as being previously installed on a early 70s
Midget.  Obviously they were not previously on a Midget; Ive eyeballed them
against a Midget 1500 also, and the manifold doesnt seem to match up there
either.  I paid $350; love to get the same!

1 SK (Japanese equivalent of a DCOE 45  uses same jets and other tuning
components as Weber) on an MGB manifold.  This one I got from a person who
used to run it on his MGB.  He said it was great, but ended up scrapping the
car due to body issues.  Maybe $200 for this one?

Ive done nothing with these since acquiring them 5+ years ago; theyve been
resting comfortably in boxes in my garage.  If you are interested, please
let me know.  Id much rather they go to a list member.  Ive posted
pictures at http://home.comcast.net/~philip.s.jones/site/.  If there was
anything Id like to trade for, it would be a 1 > (inch and three quarter)
SU with filter, on a Titan manifold specifically for a Spridget.  I dont
know what normal sales processes are; but Id like to have cash or a
cleared check in hand prior to shipping.  Im in the Seattle area.

So theres my story, and Im sticking to it!

60 degrees and sunny today; didnt get a chance to drive an MG, but I did
play a soccer game in the sun.  I felt compelled to put on sunscreen  it
felt hot!

Phil