[Spridgets] bob said

Jay Fishbein jfishbein at snet.net
Tue Feb 9 07:41:48 MST 2010

Years ago, I read an interview with Eddie VanHalen in which he described
guitar technique to what you describe below.

VanHalen was on tour with Ted Nugent and Ted was intrigued by Eddie's sound
and incorrectly assumed it was his equipment. During one of the soundchecks,
Ted tried-out Eddie's rig much to his frustration as he was unable to sound
like Eddie.

btw, Here is a pic of Eddie with one of HIS early guitars:
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/350140-eddie_van_halen_guitar_microphone_stand
.jpg

jay