[Spridgets] possible group buy on Griffin aluminum dow n flow radiator

Leo S 60bugeye at cebridge.net
Sat Feb 13 10:36:31 MST 2010

I have been engaged in a conversation with Griffin Radiators over having an
aluminum Bugeye radiator made up and as with everything else volume equals
discount.  Sooooo... I want to know if there is any interest here on a group
buy.  The radiator will be an aluminum  downflow and be made up using a bugeye
radiator as the pattern.  All the shrouding. tanks, core, mounting plates, and
neck will be all aluminum construction.   The original quote from them for one
unit was around $400.00 but after talking to the factory about a volume
purchse of at least 5 to 7 the rep said he should be able to come in around a
target price of $250 to $300 (depending on mfg costs after measuring and
finguring fabrication off an actual Bugeye radiator which I have to send him).

Right now I have commitments from another list's members for 7 of them and I
am hoping to solidify a buy of at least ten units to allow some negotiating
power on final price.  So if at a maximum was $275.00 with a possibility of
under $250.00 is there any interest?  It is highley likely the pricing will be
lower as the units ordered increaase.  I am trying to get into the under
$250.00 range.

I chose Griffin because they are well know throughout the clsasic car,
professional racing, and street rod crowd for their high build quality and the
effectivness of the units they sell.  If you have ever seen a Griffin radiator
they are very impressive.

When negotians are completed with Griffin on the final cost per unit each
radiator ordered will need to be pre-paid by whoever commits to a radiator
prior to the order.  I have a offer from a list member to have the entire
order drop shipped to his buissness location and then they will be shipped
individualy from there to whomever is on the order list as that also should
lower costs.  When the final price is negotiated  with Griffin then all who
are interested will be contacted with the final pricing and how/where funds
need to be paid and when delivery will be.

Leo