[Spridgets] 1275 head thickness

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 09:20:09 MST 2010

Anyone have the thickness of a stock 1275 head handy?
I don't have a 1275 manual.
Is it the same thickness as a 1098 head?
The 1275 head I have is a 12g940, measures about 2.64 thick, if I'm measuring
correctly.
I believe it has been skimmed. 1.4 intakes 1.21 exhausts, and has been
ported.
A stock, as far as I know, 1098 head I have, measures 2.74 in thick.

I bought the 1275 head many years ago, but the guy told me it is a fairly
radical head, maybe giving a 12-12.5 compression ratio.

Too radical for a street head? Has been ported, intake and exhaust, not
sure if the combustion chambers have been shaped.

Any way to make it usable for a street car?

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!