[Spridgets] Rivergate 5-speed (Datsun clutch)

David Ramsey dwramsey at att.net
Mon Feb 15 07:19:07 MST 2010

Yes the flywheel needs to be worked on. Any good machine shop can do the
job. As I recall it was around $150 to have the flywheel done and balanced
with the new clutch on it. It might be a little more for a 1275, as the
ridge on the surface has to be removed.  The only other modification is a
spacer between the Datsun throw out bearing and its carrier. Both are
included in Paul's kit.

.... what needs to be done to use the datsun
clutch?
I thought the flywheel needed to be drilled....?

I think when my clutch needs replacing i will use the Datsun clutch if it is
not too much bother to change.