[Spridgets] No LBC - All grain brewing

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:40:32 MST 2010

Chris,

This system works well. A friend uses it and swears by it.

http://powersbrewery.home.comcast.net/~powersbrewery/mash.html

However, I must say that I haven't gone to all that much expense and
trouble. My mash system consists of 2 10 gallon Coleman coolers. The actual
mash tun is set up just like the one pictured here. I gravity feed it water
from the second one which sets just above it. I put my already up to
temperature water in the top cooler and then open the spigot into the mash
tun. The Coleman keeps the water temperature pretty constant when you have
the top on it. I have two probe type thermometers - one in each cooler
inserted through the lid. I keep a watch on the variance between the two as
well as the actual reading of the one in the water source cooler.

Cheers!!
Jim