[Spridgets] keep blowin' fuses....whassup?

Edward Perez eap2140 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 20 20:11:17 MST 2010

I thought I had this figured out when I removed the front right turn signal bulb (an aftermarket, cheap replacement light bucket).  I tested with the ignition "ON" but not the engine running.  Seems that when I start the engine, the fuse blows very shortly afterwards.  The directionals, dash instruments (fuel, tach, temp), blower fan, and brake lights stop working.  I also notice that the PO had the electronic fuel pump hooked into the hot side of the fuse that keeps blowing.  It is not affecting the fuel pump though.  Is there a way to separate the lighting circuit from the dash instruments on a 1500?  Should I remove the fuel pump from the hot side of the circuit?

 Edward Perez
Snohomish, WA
78 Midget (1275)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lbc_newbie/