[Spridgets] 3.9 or 3.7 diff wanted - pics again

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:53:07 MST 2010

Ed, I would replace that half shaft with the distorted splines.  You might
as well do it now wile the thing is apart and it's still in one piece!  The
alternative is to stay close enough to home that your towing insurance will
get you back 'cuz it's gonna snap pretty soon.  Then you have to pick out
all the little bits and pieces out of your diff....
The differential bearings are relatively easy to pull IIRC.  The studs get
torqued to 55 lb-ft (ft-lb?) when they go back in.  I can't tell from your
picture how badly the bearing is worn.
Hal