[Spridgets] Clutch Master Cylinder Barfing

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 19:41:40 MST 2010

Mike Eldred wrote:
> This is in my new-to-me '73 Midget.  At some point over the colder months, the
> clutch master cylinder leaked, spilling onto the driver's side footwell.  When
> I bought the car, DPO told me this had happened to him last winter, too, so I
> was kind of expecting it.  Any ideas as to what's going on?
My best guess would be that the brake fluid has absorbed enough moisture
to freeze at a low enough temp and expand the cylinder bore.
I may be way off and we do have a thermodynamics engineer on this list,
(Ron) and maybe he can set it straight.
Or the seals are just shot and severely affected by the cold.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ