[Spridgets] 97 Mercury Sable, no LBC But a car question

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:59:06 MST 2010

> Hey I own a Ford (and now a Merc) but it beats owning anything GM makes as I
> watch my neighbor fix his door hinge pin AGAIN on his GM product.
> Same problem they have had with doors drooping since 1967.

Yup, same problem; people who never lube their hinge pins. Just looked
at that on a Merc the other day. Unlike my old GMs, there was NO
provision for pulling the pin or replacing the bushings. In fact,
there were no bushings. It looked as if you MIGHT be able to pull the
doors off and replace both hinge assemblies IF you could find new
ones. Pretty much told the guy to lift on the door as he closed it.

Credit where credit is due, the Exploder problem was only partially
the fault of the Firestone tires. Every one of those was accompanied
by overloading and underinflation.
David L