[Spridgets] Groovy engine

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Mon Jan 4 02:29:53 MST 2010

Assuming one began from an original recommended ignition setting further BTDC to an ignition setting closer to TDC, the result would be reduced "timing" rather than increased "timing" and torque would suffer in the process, ALL ELSE BEING PERFECTLY EQUAL.

Fr'instance....a normal static setting for a street-stock 1275 would be 7 degrees BTDC with most stock mfg's combo vac/mech dizzy.

Reducing this to 3 degrees BTDC to bring it closer to TDC would be "retarding" timing from that recommended as optimum by the manufacturer using recommended octane, thus reducing torque on acceleration.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)