[Spridgets] paging Peter C

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Jan 5 14:01:26 MST 2010

Thanks, Peter (and the rest of you guys, too).  That's good information to
have.
Actually, we had very good luck with our '99, which we bought (literally)
right off the showroom floor in December or '98.  We put over 155K miles on
it with minimal problems....and the really big ones (ABS control unit and a
few MAF units) were covered by the warranty.  We had only one coil failure,
at about 130K miles, and one or two control arm bushing issues.  Other than
the usual Bosch electrical problems (annoying but not disabling), the car
was great.  Always had the same dealer mechanic work on it, which helps a
lot.  I go with dealer service because I want someone who works on VWs all
day, every day instead of just every now and then.
Oh, yeah......the car was demolished yesterday morning when my wife lost
control on a very snowy,  icy, off-camber turn, but at low speed.
Unfortunately, there was a panel van coming the other way and.......
Luckily, no one was hurt.......except our poor old Passat.
Bud Osbourne