[Spridgets] No LBC-anti-lock brakes

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 11 17:17:18 MST 2010

Just a couple of things,
If the surface was salty or gritty and preventing a good grip at the tyre -
road interface the ABS should work.  However, at 10mph the ABS should be
around the lower threshold where they stop working by design and you get
full braking.
If the tyres do have a really hard compound they will slip easier than ones
with a softer compound.
You can have theoretical situations where the ABS will kick in before it
should but the usual reason is the driver going a tad faster than he thinks
and is pressing the brakes a little harder.  Check the sensors on the front
hubs and make sure they are OK.

All the best,
Guy R Day