[Spridgets] Anti Blockier System by Bosch

weslakemonza1330 at aol.com weslakemonza1330 at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 13:01:51 MST 2010

Needed Wiki in german for ABS
_http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiblockiersystem_ (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiblockiersystem)

Anti Blockier System ABS  - I think it was Bosch who invented  electronic
ABS, or at least they claim to have invented it.  Being German  they
abbreviated it in German and so ABS means anti lock brakes which abreviates  to ALB
or sometimes ALBS.

Can you imagine how **issed a car magazine was when I wrote to tell them
that Bosch didn't invent anti lock braking, even if they did call it ABS?
Bear in mind this scuppered a competition sponsored by Bosch.

The dunlop maxaret system used on the Jensen FF Interceptor was a
mechanical system.

I bet if Ulix was on the list he'd have got this one.

Weslake-Monza 1330