[Spridgets] Jack stands

Bob Spruck mgmaven at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 12 15:17:48 MST 2010

When I used concrete blocks in the days before I had jack stands, I
would set them with the openings up, as they would be if you were
building a wall.  I also placed a piece of 2x4 or 2x6 on top, that
was longer than the length of the block, thus spanning all three of
the block's cross pieces and distributing the weight over the
vertical parts rather than the horizontal parts of the block. The
wood also provided some "grip" for the metal to indent.

Would this be a better or even acceptable way for those who don't
have jack stands? I set my 6 parts cars in the woods up this way
since all four pairs of jack stands are either in use or in my shop,
ready to be used.

Bob
MGMaven and MotorMouth/south