[Spridgets] Google in China

brown dan na7db at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 08:48:05 MST 2010

--- On Thu, 1/14/10, Dan Brown <dan at kxaz.com> wrote:

From: Dan Brown <dan at kxaz.com>
Subject: Google in China
To: "Spridgets" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 7:40 AM

Analysis
Google's decision a rare show of defiance in China
Google's decision to leave China is rare show of defiance in a market where
the government punishes those who do not play by the rules; in industries from
automaking to fast food, companies have been forced to allow communist
authorities to influence -- and sometimes dictate -- their choice of local
partners, where to operate, and what products to sell; many high-tech
companies operating in China are forced to open their intellectual property
and industrial secrets to their Chinese competitors b or to Chinese
government officials, who deliver that property to Chinese companies b
allowing these Chinese companies to reverse engineer and copy Western
companies' products and solutions; Western companies have struggled to make
headway against intense competition from Chinese rivals b rivals who enjoy
the fact that the Chinese government writes rules which tilt the playing field
in favor of Chinese companies

I think that the idea was to make the NA jobs into executive jobs and farm
out
the hazardous work to people who will bypass safety standards to produce a
cheap product and not unionize.B  Sooner or later, the exec jobs will go too.
But then ... who's going to buy the cheap stuff?B  :)

Robert