[Spridgets] Nevermind - Re: Selling my Bugeye

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 13:55:52 MST 2010

My son absolutely forbade me to sell the car. I was surprised at the severity
of his reaction - Looks like we have a "buyer" in the family.

Thanks for the
inquiries received. Sorry for jerking anyone's chain.

Ron

--- On Sat,

<soavero at yahoo.com>
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 1:42 AM
> 1960
Bugeye, $11,900.

> Currently has 1275 with a Weber and ribcase. A good

948 with less than 10,000 miles on it was pulled for the
> 1275, and it comes
> with the car, as does a pair of HS2 carburetors. Paint is
> British Racing
Green
> (Aston Martin's version, "New Racing Green."). Biscuit
> interior that
somehow
> looks factory, great all around condition. 1275 was
> assembled by
me to
> meticulous standards and runs beautifully. Pistons are
> .020-over
stock dish.
> Cam is a tick hotter than street, car goes like stink. Car

still has
> generator, 4 wheel drum brakes, stock wheels and many other

stock elements.
> Currently running a 3.90 rear end, which makes it a little

more pleasant at 50
> - 65 MPH. It has been well maintained and driven
regularly,
> most recently this
> summer as a daily fair weather driver. Many
listers can
> vouch for this car. It
> has literally thousands of dollars of
good Peter C parts on
> it. It's been idle
> since November and I will go
through it thoroughly as soon
> as the
>  weather warms a bit here in
Illinois, and I am confident
> you could drive it
> home anywhere. When I
bought it 13(!) years ago, I drove it
> from Louisville to
> Melbourne FL, and
the car has only been improved since
> then.
>
> It has been on
> again/off
again with this car for years, mostly due to
> racing interests and

E-Type/Elan lust. I think this time is it.

http://www.team.net/donate.html

are subscribed as soavero at yahoo.com