[Spridgets] Ralph Nader. . Corvair

J Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:22:24 MDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls at ado13.com> wrote:
> It is plain to see that none of you ever owned or drove an early Corvair. They
> put tail happy Porsches to shame. A real bad tendency to swap ends. Sandi and
> I are lucky that It did not kill us before I learned how to drive it. The
> later ones were greatly improved.

That "tail happy" attitude is exactly what I liked about my 63 coupe.
What a blast to drive thru the corners (which was the only place I
could outrun my buddies Camaro)!

Of course the front-wheel-lifting tendency when you drop the clutch
was pretty fun in my Corvair 95 Rampside pickup too!  Almost wish I'd
kept the truck more than I miss the coupe (my first car).  The first
time my friend drove the Rampside he "accidentally slipped off the
clutch" (yeah, riiight) and pulled the front tires 8-10 inches into
the air.